Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Crochet a Braided Cowl, It's What to do on a Cold Winter's Day

So, as you know I took a little bit of a hiatus from blogging.  I've been posting to my Facebook Page, albeit not as often as a good homesteading blogger should.  New Years Resolution: Be a more consistent blogger!

Since I last blogged things around here have been.... busy. Ok, they've been outright insane. Hahaha.   When I last posted we still lived at the city homestead.  Since then, we sold our home our home in record time, had to get out in record time, were homeless for two weeks (thanks, Dad, for letting us stay with you!), found a new home, moved into said home, half unpacked, had Christmas, built a new chicken coop for the girls and continued to try and get settled into our new country homestead. That might seem like a little bit of a run-on sentence, but honestly, only a run-on-sentence can truly explain how busy we have been.  But it has been a good busy.

I'm going to show and tell you much more about that journey, but I thought I would share with you a crochet pattern that I just finished.  It`s a really easy pattern and the finished product is just so cute!  On the cold days of winter, I love to crochet.  I hope that this time next year I can do some of these projects using my own fiber, but for now I use a variety of yarn.  This particular project called for something lovely, so I used a beautiful Peruvian highland wool, purchased from Cricket Cove in Blacks Harbour, NB.  If you are ever in New Brunswick, you need to check this place out if you are an avid fiber artist!  Luckily, they have stores in Saint John, Moncton, Fredericton and St. Andrews, New Brunswick (although I love the headquarters in Blacks Harbour), so wherever your New Brunswick travels may take you, there should be a store on your route.

Here is a picture of my finished project.  I used the pattern that I found on this lovely lady`s blog: My Hobby Is Crochet.  I highly recommend this for a beautiful piece that comes together quickly.  It would make a great gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment