Wednesday, May 13, 2015

An Update on Things That Need Updating

I know it's been over a week since my last update, so I wanted to touch base with you to let you know how things are going here on the city pre-farm.  I've been busy, so I'm tired, so bear with me if this isn't the most thought out and perfected post.  I warn you now, before you proceed, do so with caution because there are bound to be grammar, spelling and other random mistakes.
Small raised garden bed, hooped but not yet planted or covered

So yeah.

As I was saying, things around here have been busy juggling the normal everyday work, kids, family... trying to keep my house from becoming a complete disaster....  On TOP of that, I've been slowly working on getting things done to get this house listed.  Hubby has been working long days and into the evenings, so he hasn't been able to contribute much to the effort.  The past two nights consisted of crack filling the basement bathroom reno and I foresee sanding in my future tomorrow evening.  I actually thought that would be done tonight, but after a week of chilly rain and fog, the sun decided to peek out this afternoon so I jumped at the opportunity to get the garden under the hoop house planted.  I'm happy to say that it's done, although it is most definitely not the best thought out plot and is is oh so much smaller than I'm used to.  I'll show you pictures either tonight or another post reeeeeal soon.  I guess saying that its been planted should have come after the update saying that I successfully moved it last week.  So yeah, I did that too.  Hubby helped, but I did it. hahahaha.  So now the chicken coop is where the garden was and the garden is where the coop was.  Believe me, its better this way.

In other news, our newest resident, Hawk Eye, is doing well.  After a week of being somewhat picked on by Not-Ewe ( but no feathers plucked, no blood drawn) things have finally settled into place and pecking order has been established.  It was actually interested to watch.  When I first posted about her joining our flock ( although I do prefer to refer to them as my herd...) I had mentioned that she wasn't being overly friendly to Bridgette.  Well, that quickly changed.  Within a day, B became her best bud and she basically followed her everywhere, making sure that B was between her and New-Ewe. It was somewhat comical to see.  Smokey? She just couldn't seem to understand what all the commotion was about and stayed neutral.  I'm very happy that they are all now happily cooped up together (har har).  It's like they woke up one morning and everything had just clicked.  I'm happy- they're happy.

Well, my eye is starting to close on me in protest, so I dost think I shall sign off for the night and bid you all adieu.  I want to post soon to give you a great chart I've been working on, on complimentary plants, so watch for that coming your way soon.  Until then, me and my one still-co-operating-eye say Good Night to you all and may your gardens be planted soon.

Oh... did I tell you my strawberry plants are growing and blooming? and my chives have started to come up.. and... *yawn*

No comments:

Post a Comment